Re: Draft Seven

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dan Langille <dan(at)langille(dot)org>, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft Seven
Date: 2004-09-10 15:07:06
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Dan Langille wrote:
> > > The companies should be listed in parallel grammatical form and
> > > should be spelled correctly:
> > >
> > > "such as Fujitsu, Afilias, Red Hat, Command Prompt, and SRA"
> >
> > Stupid question here ... but *what* is parallel grammatical form?
>
> I started to compose the same question, but then googled:
>
> http://gsmweb.udallas.edu/iep/immweb/gram_parallel.html

OK, it isn't really parallel grammatical form in this case, since they
are all noun phrases, but the form in which each company is listed and
attributions given for each should be parallel. That is, details such
as "the consultancy $foo" or "$foo of Japan" or "$foo, Inc." should
either be added in all cases or not at all.

--
Peter Eisentraut