Re: drop table bug and how to recover?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Myra Chachkin <myra(at)ack(dot)Berkeley(dot)EDU>, sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: drop table bug and how to recover?
Date: 2004-09-08 17:00:12
Lists: sfpug
Myra,

> We're running postgres 7.4.1.

Well, first you should upgrade as soon as you can; 7.4.1 has a number of bugs
related to database recovery you don't want to live with.   Please note that
there are some extra steps required for upgrade 7.4.1-->7.4.5.

> I think I may have hit a drop table
> bug?  I created a table, then dropped it, but now get "relation
> already exists" when I try to recreate it.  There wasn't anything
> weird about the table AFAIK, except that the rowid was defined with
> a default nextval of another table's sequence (hence my drop).  I
> did this directly in the SQL monitor.

Mind cutting and pasting the whole session?    This is an unlikely bug as you
have reported it, and it is more likely that something else is going on.

BTW, it is not at all necessary to drop a table to change a default.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions