Schema and Group permissions question

From: Rory Campbell-Lange <rory(at)campbell-lange(dot)net>
To: Postgresql General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Schema and Group permissions question
Date: 2004-09-05 23:35:05
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm setting up a system to use schemas:

DB
-----------+------------
| | | |
Schemas: Prod Test Funcs TestFuncs
| |
tables tables

This sort of arrangmenet allows me to have a Production set of tables and a
Test set of tables. By loading the plsql functions into either Funcs or
TestFuncs, I can try out new test functions with the test data before putting
them into production.

However different database users need to load functions into TestFuncs,
and use, and possibly drop and reload, the tables in Test.

I tried the following:

postgres(at)psql> CREATE SCHEMA Test;
postgres(at)psql> CREATE USER User1;
postgres(at)psql> CREATE USER User2;
postgres(at)psql> CREATE GROUP Testers WITH USER User1, User2;
postgres(at)psql> GRANT ALL ON Test TO GROUP Testers;

However, when User1 loads tables into Test, User2 cannot work with them
unless User1 explicity sets:

"GRANT ALL ON <tablename>|<indexname> TO User2"

Is there anyway of setting the equivalent of a directory g+sw
permissions on Test?

Thanks for any help
Rory

--