PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Uploaded

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 8.0.0 Beta 2 Uploaded
Date: 2004-09-01 16:18:59
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-general

Its been 3 weeks since we've released Beta1, and there have been alot of
fixes implemented.

For a complete list of changes/improvement since Beta 1 was released,
please see:

ftp://ftp.postgresql.org/pub/source/v8.0.0beta/ChangeLog-Beta1-to-Beta2

That said, Beta 2 is currently available for download on all mirrors:

http://www.postgresql.org/mirrors-ftp.html

As with all releases, the success of this release falls in the your hands
... to go from Beta -> Release, we need as many people out there to put it
through her paces as possible, on as many platforms as possible. We urge
anyone, and everyone, to download a copy and run her through her
regression tests, and report any/all problems, and bugs, to

pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org

The more bugs we can find, and eliminate, during Beta, the more successful the
Release will be ...

Once more, on behalf of all of the developers, Happy Bug Hunting ...