Hebrew support -- please help !

From: Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Hebrew support -- please help !
Date: 2004-08-30 15:43:31
Lists: pgsql-general
Hi all,

I develop an application (JAVA/JSP) on RedHat PostgreSQL 7.4.3 with PostgreSQL 7.4.2 JDBC3 with SSL (build 213).

This application needs to serve pages in LATIN1 and Hebrew.
For that I create 2 Databases, one DB in UNICODE encoding with client encoding LATIN1 when in the JSP the charset encoding is iso-8859-1 and it's working fine from client to server and server to client.

so I decide to do the same thing with Hebrew -- DB in UNICODE with client encoding ISO-8859-8 when in the JSP the charset encoding is iso-8859-8, then I got strange characters.

I also tried to create DB in UNICODE encoding with client encoding UNICODE when in the JSP the charset encoding is UNICODE, but same problem I got strange characters.

Does someone have a solution or a way to resolve this problem.

Elie