Re: pgsql-server: > Please find enclose a submission to

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>,Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server: > Please find enclose a submission to
Date: 2004-08-29 16:24:39
Lists: pgsql-committers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> > > Peter has replied to previous patches so I assume he would have
> > > commented on this one if he didn't like it.  It was already
> > > adjusted to take Peter's comments into account.
> >
> > The question is has anyone reviewed it?  I certainly haven't,
> > because I was expecting Peter to review it (and commit it if
> > appropriate).
> >
> > When we are in beta I do not think the default action for submitted
> > patches should be "apply unless someone objects".  We need a higher
> > standard in this period, ie, actual careful review.
>
> OK, Peter, you want to look at that patch?

I've said several times before that I did not particularly like the
functionality added by that patch (building non-server modules, and
building contrib modules outside the normal build system).  Therefore,
I didn't put it high in the to-look-at queue.  It might help if someone
else would comment on whether we want this.

--
Peter Eisentraut