Re: 8.0 Press Release, Draft Two

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 Press Release, Draft Two
Date: 2004-08-29 00:37:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

People:

> > Maybe include a pointer to pgFoundry in here?

Possibly, yes. Depends on whether I get to fixing the rest of the PGFoundry
stuff.

> "pgxs provides coding infrastructure to make it easier to deploy
> extension modules. Numerous extensions and applications are available
> at GBorg.postgresql.org and PGFoundry.org"

Only if pgxs is done before 8.0 ...

However, I see a different paragraph for the "extras":

The PostgreSQL has developed a host of add-ons and optional features since the
7.4 release. These include the Slony-I replication system, pgSphere
spherical math, and the procedural languages PL/Java and PL/PHP. The PL/Perl
procedural language and the Npgsql .NET data provider have been dramatically
improved and expanded. Some of these extras are included with the source
code and some are available at PGFoundry (www.pgfoundry.org).

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus