Re: pgsql functions and transactions?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: <operationsengineer1(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Mike <1100100(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql functions and transactions?
Date: 2004-08-28 22:00:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Mike,

> 2. Beginning Databases with PostgreSQL by Wrox
> (this may not even be available. if it is, contact apress.com for more
> information since they bought the rights to this title).

I reviewed this book for Wrox Press, shortly before they went out of business.
It was not a favorable review; the authors are primarily MS SQL Server
engineers and cross-over some information which is not accurate. Also, many
of the technical examples in the book contain typos and mistakes. So I do
NOT recommend this book currently. Buy Kerry Douglas' book instead.
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=4-0735712573-2
Somewhat outdated (versionn 7.2) but everything in it is accurate.

> Can anyone recommend a solid resource book for learning/using php in
> conjunction with postgresql.

Ewald has such a book:
http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?inkey=4-0672323826-3

--