Re: Candidate new site design

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)ehpg(dot)net>
Cc: "Justin Clift" <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <lark(at)no1-else(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Candidate new site design
Date: 2004-08-27 16:06:02
Lists: pgsql-www
Guys,

> > I have no problem dropping the 800 Pound Gorilla mirror
> > banner ad and think we should come up with a way to attribute
> > mirror hosts on the mirror page instead of in banner ads.
>
> Yes - I'm not sure how we can best do that however, given that we only
> distribute static html to the mirrors.

Just so you know, my personal "long-term" plan is to "replace" the banner ads
with Donor Listings for the Foundation.   Once we can seriously fundraise for
the Foundation, we can then put mirror maintainers in the Donor Listings,
next to Red Hat and Fujitsu; I'm sure that would be acceptable.    And I hope
to be raising enough cash that the $100/month from the paid ads is
superfluous.

However, the Foundation doesn't even have its paperwork yet, so it'll be a
bit.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions