PostgreSQL Quality Evaluation

From: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Subject: PostgreSQL Quality Evaluation
Date: 2004-08-26 17:41:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I have been talking to Rix Groenboom of reasoning.com.
He presented a paper at NLUUG in may about the quality
of open source projects. That talk evaluated reported on
the software quality inspections of Open Source code,
including MySQL v4.0.16, Apache v2.1, Tomcat v4.1.24 code
and the Linux TCP/IP stack.

Abstract: http://www.nluug.nl/events/vj04/abstracts/ab.html?id=40
Papers: http://www.reasoning.com/downloads.html

Reasoning is interested in doing a white paper evaluation
on PostgreSQL. I am not yet sure what sort of cooperation
on our side this will entail or if it will get off the
ground. But I'm planning to encourage them to do the
evaluation and facilitate any cooperation we need to
provide.

Since I'm sure we'll evaluate well, this will be a good
piece of collateral for us in the long run.

--elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com Varlena, LLC www.varlena.com

PostgreSQL Consulting, Support & Training

PostgreSQL General Bits http://www.varlena.com/GeneralBits/