Re: replacing a function called "isnull" reports an error

From: César Arnold <cesararnold(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "Csar" Arnold <cesararnold(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>,pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: replacing a function called "isnull" reports an error
Date: 2004-08-26 02:14:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Thanks Tom,
I'm trying to drop the function and it's giving a
similar message that the function cannot be dropped

I have supposed that "isnull" was a reserved word, but
 the system could not accept to create a function if
it cannot drop it (I guess).
Thanks again.

 --- Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> escreveu:
> > César Arnold wrote:
> >> Hi, I created a function called "isnull" for test
> >> purposes and when trying to replace it returns
> the
> >> message belows :
>
> > ISNULL is a reserved word.  You need to quote the
> name or pick a
> > different one.
>
> I think what he's unhappy about is this
> inconsistency:
>
> regression=# create function isnull(int) returns
> bool as 'select $1 is null' language sql;
> CREATE FUNCTION
> regression=# drop function isnull(int);
> DROP FUNCTION
> regression=# create function public.isnull(int)
> returns bool as 'select $1 is null' language sql;
> ERROR:  syntax error at or near "isnull" at
> character 24
> LINE 1: create function public.isnull(int) returns
> bool as 'select $...
>                                ^
> regression=#
>
> ISNULL is a func_name_keyword, so it's legal
> standing on its own, but we
> only allow ColId in a qualified name.  Possibly that
> could be relaxed.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/