Re: missing data/global

From: Daniel Kalchev <daniel(at)digsys(dot)bg>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: missing data/global
Date: 2004-08-24 09:54:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom I did the following:

(found out 7.2.3 does not have pg_database)

1. saved old data etc.

2. created new database, and the database. database oid was 16556;

3. moved data/global to the old data directory.

4. though, that postmaster would actually use the database oid to locate the
directory, then load everything from there.. old database oid was 77573557, so
I just linked this to 16556 in the data/base direcotry. (this might be the
first possible error)

Now I can connect to the 'old' database, but get the error

FATAL 1: Index pg_operator_oid_index is not a btree

(if I run postmaster with -P I get not errors, but no tables as well).

By the way, I had to copy over the 'new' files from pg_clog and pg_xlog (this
is the second possible error) to get the postmaster running. Perhaps better
would be to use pg_resetxlog or similar?

Daniel