Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)

From: Kunal <kunaldua(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What to download?!! (MacOS X)
Date: 2004-08-24 08:46:22
Lists: pgsql-novice

--- Michael Glaesemann <grzm(at)myrealbox(dot)com> wrote:
> If you're interested in building from source, you probably don't want
> to be looking in the binaries directory :) postgresql-7.4.5.tar.gz is
> the full source, iirc.

!!!!!!!!
Man, I can't believe I actually wrote that! Where's that "withdraw mail" button :p

I went to look for a MacOS binary (package) in the binary folder but finding none opened the
source folder in the background (another window). 15 minutes and a coffee break later, I mistook
the contents of the binary folder as the source one and didn't even notice that while I was
posting (pasting)...

What was I thinking (or not) !!! :)

Of course looking at /postgresql/source/v7.4.5/ (/ is okay btw) I know what to get ;)

> If you'd like a package for Mac OS X, check out Mark Liyanage's package
> at www.entropy.ch
> http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/postgresql/
> Last I checked, the package was for v7.4.3. I'm sure he'll get around
> to updating it.

He's still with 7.4.3

> However, 7.4.5 is definitely what you'll want, as it
> includes some critical bug-fixes.

How stable or otherwise is beta 8.0.0 - good enough to proceed with some development?

Cheers!
Kunal