Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions on

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Thomas Hallgren <thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions on
Date: 2004-08-22 20:43:24
Lists: pgsql-general
Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Tom,
> > Supported by *whom* exactly?  It won't be the core committee; we have
> > more than enough to do managing the server itself.
> >
> I don't doubt that for a second. What I'm suggesting must be staffed
> somehow. The core committee must be involved though or the whole idea
> falls apart. You *are* PostgreSQL (at least to me).

Have you seen the discussion about the MONEY type on the hackers list
today?  We don't even have the manpower to _remove_ or _adjust_ an
existing data type that we know has been broken for perhaps +3 years.
How are we going to find time to do more about integrating and
supporting more software?

Answer me that and we can move forward.