Re: Postgresql feature

From: snpe <snpe(at)snpe(dot)co(dot)yu>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql feature
Date: 2004-08-20 00:19:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Main features which Oracle have and postgresql no (for me):
- object dependency - when I change any object (view, function ..) in postgresql I have to delete all dependencies
objects - Oracle auto compile all dependencies
- distributed databases - all dml, ddl, connect etc work in distributed systems
- true cursor managment - all oracle command are cursor (parse, bind, fetch arbitary numebr of rows)
- select out of transaction managment (select withoout mutable functions - don't update in database)

regards