Re: pgsql 8.0.0b1 - openssl detection

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Stefanos Harhalakis <v13(at)it(dot)teithe(dot)gr>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql 8.0.0b1 - openssl detection
Date: 2004-08-18 20:09:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Stefanos Harhalakis wrote:
> This happens because AC_CHECK_HEADERSis implemented using the
> preprocessor (cpp/gcc -E) without adding CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS:

The correct variable is CPPFLAGS.  Actually, you can also use
--with-includes, but this is only in PostgreSQL, so I suggest you get
used to CPPFLAGS, because that works everywhere.

> If you are not going to change this back to the old behaviour you
> should consider using AC_ARG_ENABLE instead of AC_ARG_WITH since the
> second is intended to be used when there is an optional (or not)
> argument to be passed (--with-package=arg) while the first is
> intended to be used to enable or disable a feature
> (--enable-feature).

This is wrong.  Both variants can accept an argument or not.  The
difference is only in the spelling.

--
Peter Eisentraut