New News Entry

From: www(at)www(dot)postgresql(dot)com (World Wide Web Owner)
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New News Entry
Date: 2004-08-17 13:05:10
Lists: pgsql-www
A new entry has been added to the news database.

Database Admin: http://www.postgresql.org/admin/edit_news.php?218

Submitted by: press(at)postgresql(dot)org
Headline: The Slony team has released version 1.0.2
The Slony team has released version 1.0.2 of its replication engine following on the new PostgreSQL 8.0.0 BETA 1, the worlds most advanced open source database.

Story:

The Slony team has released version 1.0.2 of its replication engine following on the new PostgreSQL 8.0.0 BETA 1, the worlds most advanced open source database.

With this version, the Slony-I replication system allows you to use its advanced node switching features to make version upgrades to PostgreSQL
8.0 in minutes, regardless of database size.

Version 1.0.2 also fixes minor bugs, and is a drop-in replacement for existing Slony-I 1.0.0 or 1.0.1 installations. Please visit

for further information.

The Slony project team

pgsql-www by date