Re: Garbage characters for \d table?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Garbage characters for \d table?
Date: 2004-08-17 19:58:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Folks,

> Bug summary: PSQL's \d table displaying garbage characters for one table.
> Severity: Annoyance
> Reproducability: Poor
> Version: 7.4.3 on the client, 7.4.1 on the server. Both compiled from
> source.
> Platform: SuSE Linux 9.1, Linux Kernel 2.6.7 (client), RH Linux 8.0 on
> server. Connection btw. client <--> server is over SSH tunnel.

UPDATE: Turns out the garbage characters were actually in the field names
themselves. Somehow a previous bad connection caused line breaks to get
replaced with unicode garbage when I created the table. It seems like, in
PSQL, the use of non-ASCII characters should require quoted identifiers, but
apparently not?

--
__Aglio Database Solutions_______________
Josh Berkus Consultant