Re: News of the LJ award has hit Slashdot

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>,pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: News of the LJ award has hit Slashdot
Date: 2004-08-17 03:39:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Chris,

> The lastest relevant Slashdot thread has something of a "feeding
> frenzy" about the latest convulsions about the latest MySQL licensing
> changes.  Quite entertaining; the more it continues, the less there is
> need for advocacy efforts here ;-).

Au contraire, buddy.   MySQL was never who we've needed to beat; in fact,
their PR did a lot of good for OSS databases in general.   Who we need PR to
fight is Microsoft, DB2 and Oracle.

Not that I'm not getting some guilty enjoyment out of Monty & David's faux
passes ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions