New coloumns

From: Kumar S <ps_postgres(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: New coloumns
Date: 2004-08-16 12:51:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello group,
I am newbie to postgrSQL and also databases. I am
making a database of proteins. In one table I have 4
columns.
Is it possible that after some time, I can create as
many columns depending on the requirement. if so how
can I add columns to my table? Is that considered as a
major overhaul of the database.

Please help.

Thanks

best