Re: Guidlines for a PostgreSQL Speech/Tutorial

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: aspire420(at)hotpop(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Guidlines for a PostgreSQL Speech/Tutorial
Date: 2004-08-14 19:34:36
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Vishal,

> Hopeless and I thought I would get help.
> Stupid me.

Hey, have some patience!   It's been, what, 24 hours since your original post?

> > I am planning to represent PostgreSQL people in this meet.

When is it?   Can we send you some T-shirts?

> > But am stuck with following questions :
> > 1. What stuff should I study the most.
> > 2. What topics must I cover in the meet that will give PostgreSQL a
> > big boost
> > 3. Should I give a tutorial or just a speech about the features of
> > PostgreSQL.

I don't think anyone else can answer these questions for you.   None of us
know what you do and don't know, and I can only speculate what would appeal
to an Indian convention which I'd not heard of before.

Take a look at who attends this convention.  Is it programmers?  Business
people?  OSS companies? Mixed?  What?

> > 4. Scary  topic for me is Object oriented part of PostgreSQL.

Object-Relational, please!   We aren't Object-Oriented.

> > moreover I would be happy to receive guidelines and text of any

Bruce has a number of presentations online.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions