Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-14 03:51:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>
>>> Internally? I have no idea. FYI, they are a big computer hardware
>>> manufacturer.
>>
>> Can you find out? Doing a case study on someone as big and well known as
>> Fujitsu, I imagine, would be one helluva boost to the 'who is using it?'
>> crowd ... since Fujitsu is already quite public about PostgreSQL in teh
>> first place, I wouldn't imagine they would be adverse to such, would they?
>
> Sure. I can give someone a contact at Fujitsu Australia and they have a
> PR guy who could easily help. I might be able to get info from the
> Japan HQ but it would be harder.

Something like that would be one helluva big thing to have as print outs
at shows like OSCON and LWE ... things techies can bring back to their
bosses to say 'hey, fujitsu is using it for these reasons, so should we'
... you mentioned the other day that the Weather Service is switching over
to it, which would also make a major splash ...

----