Re: postgresql benchmarks on anandtech

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql benchmarks on anandtech
Date: 2004-08-13 22:49:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Friday 13 August 2004 12:30, Merlin Moncure wrote:
> If you are into 64 bit on the pc, check out this link:
>
> http://anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2163&p=2
>
> They added pg benchmarks (first time I've seen them on this site)!
>
> p.s. the Opteron blew out the 64 bit xeon as expected.

They claim to have run postgresql with the options -o -F, what exactly would
that do?  Does the -F get interpreted as an argument to -o? If so then it
wouldn't have had the expected results.  Would be interesting to contact them
and give them a 5 minute review of thier postgresql conf vs. thier hardware
and have them rerun the tests.

--
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL