Theme of Press Release (Was: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0)

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Theme of Press Release (Was: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0)
Date: 2004-08-13 19:35:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Josh Berkus wrote:

> This release, I think our theme should be corporate involvement.  Aside
> from the specific features (which speak for themselves) what's news over
> the last year is the amount of interest and sponsorship we've received
> from various commercial entities, including feature sponsors SRA, FJ and
> Afilias and code contributor Command Prompt, as well as our existing
> sponsors like RH and PGInc and probably others I'm forgetting.

Corporate theme sounds cool to me ... but, didn't we already do that press
release?  I thought that you wrote (co-wrote?) concerning Fujitsu
emphasis'd that quite eloquently ...

>> I think Slony deserves its own Press Release ... its big enough of an
>> add-on that including it as part of the 8.0.0 release will shift focus
>> from what 8.0.0 has accomplished ...
>
> Not an option.  Afilias, the sponsor, does not want to do a Slony
> release yet, and it's their call.

'k, from your note at the beginning of this (that I removed) about how you
see mentioning Slony in the press release, I will concede that I blew
things out of proportion, and apologize forthright for beating a dead
horse ... I jump'd to the conclusion that what you were envisioning was a
bit more grand then you demonstrated in your start of this not ...

----