Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-13 16:04:54
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>> Uh, and we are an open source project --- Slony being "open source"
>>> seems like a very notable distinction to me.
>> Thanks for pointing out what I already had :)
> My point was that saying it is the "only thing" that makes it notable is
> to minimize a major point of pushing Slony.  It is "the" notable issue.

Not it isn't, as there are other Open Source replication solutions for
PostgreSQL, as I pointed out before ... Slony is effectively "the fashion
of the day", and next release, there could be 'yet another of the many'
that is that much better ...

Marc G. Fournier           Hub.Org Networking Services (