Re: PGSQL-WINDOWS mailing list?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,"Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,"Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "PostgreSQL www" <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2004-08-13 16:38:20
Lists: pgsql-www
Guys,

> Definitely not a bad idea to do anyway, but I'm thinking more along the
> lines of helping ppl before they even get to the lists.

Unfortunately, I discussed the *best* way with Gavin Sherry yesterday -- which
would be to have a "PostgreSQL on Windows" book.  But that would have had to
been started about 6 months ago.  :-(   Still, if anyone here knows anyone
who can write such a book, I can get you published.

Regarding Tom's comment, perhaps we should entertain the idea of Web Forums?
For whatever reason, we found out at OOo that web forums (with enough speed,
of course) hold up better under a load of 100 to 500 posts per day than
mailing lists do, at least in terms of usability.

One of the Perl people is working on a combo web forum/mailing list software,
but unfortunately the project just started ...

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions