Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to work on Press Release 8.0
Date: 2004-08-12 18:29:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Marc,

> Seems an awful lot of focus on Afilias/Fujitsu, no? Is it a PR about us,
> or them? :( If we are going to highlight contributors, Redhat (all of
> Tom's time, which is a *major* contribution) and CommandPrompt (pl/PHP)
> should be in there, among others I know I'm overlooking ...

Probably. I guess what I'm fishing for is a paragraph on expanded corporate
contributions to PostgreSQL, regardless of from whom they came. Afilias and
FJ are easier because they're tied to specific contributions, whereas RH is
propping up our spiritual leader. CMD, of course, would show up in a mention
of PL/perlNG.

Overall, I would *love* to have someone take a stab at a single, 4-5 line
"expanded corporate participation" paragraph that mentions most companies.
The press is really interested in knowing what companies back PostgreSQL.
Also, it helps drum into reporters that PostgreSQL is not a single-company
project.

--
-Josh Berkus
"A developer of Very Little Brain"