My admin left the job and I am stuck

From: Karam Chand <karam_chand03(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: My admin left the job and I am stuck
Date: 2004-08-11 18:41:43
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Hello,

My linux admin left the job. We had a PostgreSQL
installed under his username. He used to maintain it.
Now I am looking at the Linux box and I am just a
super duper newbie in Linux administration.

The previosu admin had a database created under his
name coz PostgreSQL dosnt allow root database.

Now I want to get the data back and use it? I dont
mind if I have to use a different DB?

I dont even know where he isntalled the PostgreSQL
binaries and data?

Where can I all this information?

I am feeling really stupid but thank GOD we dont have
any live databases running?

Regards,
Karam