Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 Service Code

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_autovacuum Win32 Service Code
Date: 2004-08-10 14:39:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-hackers-win32

Tom Lane wrote:
> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk> writes:
> > Some time ago I posted a patch to allow pg_autovacuum to be run as a
> > service on Windows, on the understanding that if pg_autovacuum didn't
> > make it into the backend, it would be applied. I followed up Tom's
> > message to Matthew apologising for not including his backend integration
> > patches with a request that the patch be applied to allow use by Windows
> > users.
>
> I held off doing anything about this for beta1 because I wanted
> Matthew's input first, and he was going to be gone over the weekend.
> Hopefully he's returned now and can comment on whether he sees any
> problem.
>
> In the meantime it certainly belongs on our open-issues list.

It is already there:

P O S T G R E S Q L

8 . 0 O P E N I T E M S

Current version at ftp://momjian.postgresql.org/pub/postgresql/open_items.

Changes
-------
* Win32
o binary version stamps
o signal safe socket handler
o query cancel in psql (?)
o Report correct errno codes from native Windows system calls
o Shorten timezone for %t log_line_prefix
--> o start pg_autovacuum easily
o fix pitr file copy syntax
* fix dbsize and oid2name for tablespaces
* allow libpq to check parameterized data types
* make pgxs install the default
* add xid to log_line_prefix for PITR
* add psql tab completion for tablespaces
* cleanup FRONTEND use in /port, malloc, elog

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us