dot-conf checking

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: dot-conf checking
Date: 2004-08-09 02:56:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Folks,

Here's some things I'd like to check on before submitting a bug patch on the
.conf stuff:

1) TimeZone and DateStyle are mixed case in SHOW ALL. Is there a reason for
this? Appears to be the same in 7.4.

2) for unix_socket_permissions the value in the .conf file is octal (0777),
while SHOW is decimal (511).

3) The .conf file says that rendezvous_name "defaults to host name". However,
it appears to default to UNSET. Is the .conf file wrong, or initdb?

4) Am I correct that these are the only values set at initdb/compile time?
wal_sync_method
timezone
client_encoding
lc_*