Soooooo far ahead of scheduale ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Soooooo far ahead of scheduale ...
Date: 2004-08-08 15:43:32
Lists: pgsql-www

Okay, I've got 4 out of 5 servers done, and it looks like they will all be
done before the end of day today ...

Basically what I've done so far is:

installed venus

moved everything from pluto->venus

upgraded pluto to latest -STABLE of FreeBSD

moved all database VMs -> pluto

moved everything from neptune->venus (92 VMs on venus right now)
- upgraded neptune to latest -STABLE
- rebuilt its RAID5 file system

moved everything from mars -> neptune (including pgfoundry.org)

upgraded mars to latest -STABLE

I am now moving svr1.postgresql.org (developer/mailing lists) from venus
-> mars, as well as 19 VMs ... mars/jupiter (the last two systems) are for
our Silver+ account levels, meant to be lower load machines) ...

Once that is done, I will finish moving everything from jupiter ->
neptune, upgrading her to the latest -STABLE, and then moving archives and
another 19 VMs over to it ...

That will leave pugs/www/gborg on venus for now ...

Over the next week, depending on how the servers are looking, I'm going to
work at increasing frequency of archives being updated, and John will be
following suit with the search engine ...

----