Re: Basic phpPgAdmin Questions

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Daniel Secomb" <dan(at)ds-d(dot)com>
Cc: <phppgadmin-users(at)lists(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>,<pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Basic phpPgAdmin Questions
Date: 2004-08-06 03:47:43
Lists: pgsql-cygwin
On Monday 02 August 2004 09:43, Daniel Secomb wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to phpPgAdmin and I have some very simple questions. (If there is a
> tutorial where all these questions are already answered, then I would
> really appreciate if somebody could send me the link to that tutorial.)
> 1. I am running PostgreSQL ( on Cygwin (1.5.10-3) on my machine
> which is running Windows 98 SE. Do I install phpPgAdmin in Cygwin (Linux
> emulation program) or in Windows? If I have to install it in Cygwin, then
> which directory folder do I place all the installation files? Is it 'bin',
> 'etc', 'home', 'lib', 'tmp', 'usr' or 'var' or do I create my own directory
> to place the files?
> 2. For phpPgAdmin to work with PostgreSQL ( on Cygwin (1.5.10-3),
> does it require PHP installed in Cygwin as well? And if so, which directory
> folder do the PHP installation files go in?
> 3. For phpPgAdmin to work properly, the 'php.ini' usually goes in the OS
> directory (i.e. Windows). Which directory does the 'php.ini' file go in
> Cygwin???
> As I said before, I'm a newbie to phpPgAdmin and PostgreSQL and some
> questions I'm asking may not make any sense or may be irrelevant.
> Any help will be warmly welcomed!!!!

If you spent as much time reading the INSTALL file as I did reading your sig
text I think it would all make sense... you need to install php into a
webserver (usually apache) and then install phppgadmin into the webserver. it
operates independant of the postgresql server itself, so being on cigwyn will
make no difference to phppgadmin.
Robert Treat
Build A Better Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL