SSL as unpriviledged user

From: postgresql(at)thomasbache(dot)de
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SSL as unpriviledged user
Date: 2004-08-04 18:22:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all!

I use the s/odbc-driver provided by commandprompt and have some trouble
with it. Because the commandprompt guys are reading this list, I post
here.

Ok, the trouble is, that my MS Access app crashes, if an unpriviledged
user opens an odbc-connection that has ssl-support enabled. The
connection works alright with ssl disabled. The connection also works
fine with ssl enabled and admin-rights. The dlls regarding ssl seem to
be registered and obviously work for the admin. But what is wrong here?
I can reproduce the phenomenon on a w2k and wxp box, both of them pro
versions. I'm puzzled and searching for advice.

Regards,
Tom