Re: Compile failure on nl_langinfo

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)ufgnet(dot)ufg(dot)br>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Compile failure on nl_langinfo
Date: 2004-07-31 17:23:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi Peter,

> > > Put #ifdef CODESET around the offending code.
> >
> > OK. Another try.
>
> What does
>
>     nl_langinfo(NULL)
>
> return?  Probably not a valid codepage.

No. Just "". See
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/lib/libc/locale/nl_langinfo.c?rev=1.3&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Isn't it acceptable? I just got locale C at initdb. But I saw this we I try to set an specific locale:

$ initdb --locale=pt_BR
initdb: invalid locale name "pt_BR"
initdb: invalid locale name "pt_BR"
initdb: invalid locale name "pt_BR"
initdb: invalid locale name "pt_BR"
initdb: invalid locale name "pt_BR"
initdb: invalid locale name "pt_BR"
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "euler".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

The chklocale() seems to fail. I don't set neither LC_* nor LANG.

--
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
euler (at) ufgnet.ufg.br