Re: win32 version info

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,<pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: win32 version info
Date: 2004-07-30 05:43:04
Lists: pgsql-patches
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Perhaps a compromise would be to set versioninfo on libpq.dll (which
> we alerady do), and on all the EXEs, and ignore the rest of the DLLs.
> It's not ideal, but it's a great deal better than nothing at all.

If that is an option, why not just put versions into the build-time
linkable DLLs, which really need a version, and leave it out for the
rest.  Clearly, we cannot put a version into every file anyway (headers
files, etc.), so "everything must have a version" does not hold anyway,
unless there is some weird rule again that certain things must have
one.

--
Peter Eisentraut