How can i start up POSTMASTER from unprivilege account

From: Mohammad Tanvir Huda <shayer009(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How can i start up POSTMASTER from unprivilege account
Date: 2004-07-30 01:30:12
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hello All

 I have an account in our cluster. This is a normal linux use.

 Our administrator have set up postgres there. But he have nt start up the postgreSQL server in the cluster.

 Can anyone tell me how can I start up the postmaster and from an user space. Where should i need to configure. As getting administrative privilege cannot be possible as it is in an university.

 Pls tell me at your earliest.  I am very new to postgreSQL.

 Pls help me out.

 Regards

 Shayer