Re: Wikipedia for PostgreSQL

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
To: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wikipedia for PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-07-29 18:07:20
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 12:01:52PM -0400, Christopher Browne wrote:
> After a long battle with technology, alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl (Alvaro Herrera), an earthling, wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:33:13PM +0800, Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> >> These are kind of cool:
> >>
> >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PostgreSQL
> >
> > Hey, I didn't know we had a Parrot function handler!
>
> Is there some place where there is a comprehensive list of language
> handlers? It would be interesting to know what *ALL* the languages
> are that one could use...

What, you want to know whether you can write functions in Befunge, BF or
a Turing-complying gotoless language like INTERCAL?

Seems as attractive to me as writing in Parrot assembly ...

"Now I have my system running, not a byte was off the shelf;
It rarely breaks and when it does I fix the code myself.
It's stable, clean and elegant, and lightning fast as well,
And it doesn't cost a nickel, so Bill Gates can go to hell."