Before/After trigger sequencing question

From: Mike Nolan <nolan(at)gw(dot)tssi(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org (pgsql general list)
Subject: Before/After trigger sequencing question
Date: 2004-07-27 14:31:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I have a before insert trigger that updates a value in another table.

It appears that I cannot depend upon that update having taken place
in an after insert trigger on the first table. (The one with the insert.)

Is there a way to force this or do I need to look for a different idea
here?
--
Mike Nolan