Re: 7.5 beta?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>
Cc: David Parker <dparker(at)tazznetworks(dot)com>,pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.5 beta?
Date: 2004-07-26 19:57:19
Lists: pgsql-general
On Mon, 26 Jul 2004, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:

> David Parker wrote:
>
>> Hi. I understand from lurking on Hackers that 7.5 is nearing beta. What
>> is the typical timeframe for a postgres beta? It's understood, of
>> course, that beta might take longer depending on problems that show up,
>> but I'm wondering if there is an average.
>>
> Someone else might give a more accurate answer based on the actual dates from
> our last few releases, but my guess is at lease 3 months from the beginning
> of beta.

This seems to be about average ... I can't see release before end of
September, earliest, with the amount of stuff we have in this release ...
*but* ... considering that a large portion of it was 'reviewed and
debugged' over the past month, hopefully the # of bugs is a bit less then
past betas ...

----