Stored procedures - Oracle vs postgresql

From: Suresh Tri <trisuresh(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Stored procedures - Oracle vs postgresql
Date: 2004-07-26 07:28:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi all,

I am currently trying to estimate the effort required
to implement Oracle type stored procedure in
PostgreSQL. As I understood Oracle supports both
functions and procedures, but postgres only functions.
ALso there are no OUT parameter in postgres.
I got some info from
http://www.compiere.org/technology/pg/porting.html

Can anyone please help me estimate the effort /
feasibility in implementing Oracle type procedures in
postgres? Any pointers are welcome.

Thanks,
Suresh

___________________________________________________________ALL-NEW Yahoo! Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://www.allnewmessenger.com