Re: trying to build on Windows: Makefile.global not found

From: Pierre Abbat <phma(at)phma(dot)hn(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trying to build on Windows: Makefile.global not found
Date: 2004-07-26 02:39:47
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Saturday 24 July 2004 15:36, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> That sounds like something is not correct with your VC installation -
> that is a VC file. Make sure you are running the command from the
> "Visual Studio Command Prompt", and not from the normal one. If it still
> not working, try a repair/reinstall of VC.

The file exists, and when I added its directory to PATH, nmake went further,
but conked out on something else.

How do I get the Visual Studio command prompt? I looked all over the VC++ menu
and the Visual Studio part of the Start menu and didn't find it. I looked in
the help file and got lost.

Or can I download it already compiled? I really need to add Postgres
capability to another program.

phma
--
li fi'u vu'u fi'u fi'u du li pa