7.5 release notes

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: 7.5 release notes
Date: 2004-07-25 04:25:43
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

I have completed the 7.5 release notes. You can view them in HTML on
the developer web page. I have marked a few items with question marks
that need to be addressed. I am looking for improvements, even minor
ones. Either send in a patch or committers can modify the file
directly.

Of course this file will be updated regularly all the way up to final
release to it isn't in its final form.

We don't have a /HISTORY file anymore so you have to view it via HTML.
/HISTORY will be in the final tarball, however.

Do people want a big-picture paragraph at the top talking about the
release? Some releases get them, some don't, but this one could if
folks want it.

FYI, I have a NYC meeting on Monday so I am not going to OSCON until
Tuesday so I will be around regularly for 2-3 more days.

One thing we now need to look at is missing documentation. The release
notes usually make missing documentation very glaring and I think we
need to work up a list of what is missing. There isn't that much
missing except for the features we just finalized and stuff put in
during the past month of push to beta. I am thinking of marking the
items needing docs right in the release notes with [DOCS] and that way
everyone can see what is needed.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us