Linux World Expo: Booth Duty Details, Please Read!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Linux World Expo: Booth Duty Details, Please Read!
Date: 2004-07-23 18:26:35
Lists: sfpug
Folks,

Here is my "final" schedule for Booth Duty at Linux World Expo, followed by
details of how and where to get in, etc.

Please send me a personal e-mail in the next week confirming your shift!
If you didn't volunteer but want to come anyway, WE NEED YOU!; read below.

Load-in (setting up the booth)
3pm Sunday, August 1 -- Me, David Fetter, David Reese **

Tuesday, August 3
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM:  Me, Stephan Szabo, Myra Chachkin
12:30PM to 5PM:  Me, Elein Mustain

Wednesday, August 4
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM: Me, Stephan Szabo
12:30 PM to 5:00 PM: Me, Elein Mustain

Thursday, August 5:
9:30 AM to 12:30 PM:  Me, David Reese
12:30 PM to 5:00 PM:  Me, Adi Alurkar

Pack-up and leave:
5:00pm to 5:30PM:  Me, Adi Alurkar -- More help? ****

From the above, you can really see that WE NEED MORE PEOPLE!  3 people per
shift Tuesday and Wednesday would be ideal.

** = Davids, I changed this time from Monday evening because it'll be a lot
easier to get a car in/out on a Sunday.    Can you make Sunday 3pm?   Meet me
at Moscone, or I pick you up?

**** =  I really, really need someone to pick us up in a car at 5:30PM on
Thursday.   Otherwise it's going to be a royal pain to get the stuff out.
Can anyone do it?

EXHIBIT HALL REGISTRATION for BOOTH BUNNIES

I have already registered David, David, Myra, and Stephan as "staff", because
they are the first 4 people to do shifts, and the Davids are helping me with
load-in.   But that's my limit.    You 4 will go to the "Staff Badge Pick-up"
and pick up badges under your name and the company "PostgreSQL Project."

For the other volunteers, I have a stack of "free passes" to hand out.  If you
are going to OSCON, please ask me for one; if you aren't, then call me on my
cell when you get to the convention hall.  You'll then register as regular
guests.

If you can't volunteer, but just want to go to the convention, call me when
you get there and if someone is available they will run you up a free pass.

BOOTH DETAILS:

We are in booth #168, in the .ORG pavillion, on the left middle side of the
hall as you walk in.    We should have a banner up.

We will have flyers, t-shirts, CDs, etc. in the booth.   Unfortunately, I
don't think we're going to be able to *sell* t-shirts; I applied for the
permit late and I don't think I'm going to get it in time.

We will have an LTSP "think client" in our booth.

You are encouraged to bring a laptop with PostgreSQL on it.  If you do, please
bring a security cable as well; you do not want it stolen.

To contact me at the show, call my cell phone:  415-602-3564.   I will have
intermittent access to e-mail.

OTHER INFORMATION:

I will be going out to dinner with the LTSP folks (and possibly
OpenOffice.org) to a tapas restaurant on Tuesday evening.   You are welcome
to join us!   Meet us at Moscone before 6pm on Tuesday; loiter in front if
you don't have a badge.  But please let us know so that we'll look for you.

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

sfpug by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2004-07-31 22:26:50