Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: InformationWeek article on PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-07-21 13:56:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
pgman wrote:

> Guys who would contact Geoff Davidson about PostgreSQL (sorry Geoff)
> know so little about us that it is not even worth the paper it is
> printed on.

What I mean is that they are looking for a MySQL AB company that
controls PostgreSQL, and there isn't one.  Is Geoff clarifying that and
asking them to talk to the community instead?  I assume they aren't
caling Geoff to talk about PostgreSQL, Inc.

> Robert Treat wrote:
> > http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=23902346&tid=5979
> >
> > What I find most interesting about the article is that, while the writer
> > takes the time to contact Geoff Davidson about PostgreSQL, he doesn't
> > bother to do any fact checking from his other source; I quote:
> >
> > "But it still lacks some items most commercial databases have, such as
> > encryption and row-level locking, according to a report from the
> > Aberdeen Group."
> >
> > Nice.
> >
> > Robert Treat
> > --
> > Build A Brighter Lamp :: Linux Apache {middleware} PostgreSQL

> > TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings
> >

> --
>   pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us               |  (610) 359-1001

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Robert BernierDate: 2004-07-21 13:57:04