A few ideas....

From: pgadv(at)p15112334(dot)pureserver(dot)info
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A few ideas....
Date: 2004-07-20 09:57:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi all,

I've just subscribed and check some of the recent posts so please be gentle if I show a complete lack of understanding.

I'd like to understand the relationships between pgsql.com and the postgresql main project, and whether or not it's the same kind of relationship as MySQL Inc. have with the MySQL database project.

I'd also like to suggest that we allow the main site to make use of all the browsers screen width. At the moment it limits the width of information that can be displayed, and as a result a lot of it ends up off the first page. To give you guys an idea of what I'm talking about I've mocked up a demo at http://p15112334.pureserver.info/postgresql/ I know it's missing the websites and languages sections, but the idea of the mock up is to show how it handles browser windows.

I also think that there should be a standardised design to the web pages, that way it's easy to tell when your on a PostgreSQL "official" page.

Comments welcome....

Al.

pgsql-advocacy by date

Next:From: Alexey BorzovDate: 2004-07-20 11:00:19