Re: ODBC Developers

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>,<pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ODBC Developers
Date: 2004-07-17 21:05:24
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:
> Which makes me think - should we add or remove placeholders for
> unimplemented functions? The important thing is that SQLGetFunctions
> is correct of course, however we should be consistent. I'm kinda on
> the fence about which way to go on that one. On one had the
> placeholders are useful reminders that work needs to be done - on the
> other, they do add to the code needlessly.

I would leave it as is.  As long as the fraction of placeholders
compared to the implemented functions is low, it's not really a
problem.

What could be useful is a TODO file listing missing functions and other
issues.

> convert.c should (imho) make odbc.sql obsolete as much as possible.

I've fixed a few bugs in convert.c and verified all the functions.
odbc.sql is obsolete and removed.

--
Peter Eisentraut