Re: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem

From: Darko Prenosil <darko(dot)prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, jan(at)artinos(dot)be
Cc: kranas(at)freemail(dot)gr
Subject: Re: postgresql as windows 2000 service problem
Date: 2004-07-16 16:40:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32
On Friday 16 July 2004 17:48, Jan Meijnaerts - Artinos wrote:
> I do not know about this version of postgresql, but in principle pgsql
> service should work on Windows 2000. I am using Windows2000 quite a few
> months now as server and as client via the ultrasql version corresponding
> with pgsql 7.0.2 without any major problem. So if it works quite well for
> 7.0.2 there is no reason why it should not work for 7.5 or other versions,
> unless there is somewhere a bug in it.

There is no version 7.0.2 under windows (only cygwin port and maybe some
commercial branch), first win32 version is 7.5, so we are talking about
complete different mechanism.
This is also first version that uses pg_ctl to start and stop the service, we
can't compare it at all with cygwin port.
If Your statement means: "win2000 can run services", then yes, I agree :-)

Regards !