Re: Extended query: prepared statements list?

From: Oliver Fromme <olli(at)lurza(dot)secnetix(dot)de>
To: marcbastin(at)mindspring(dot)com (M(dot) Bastin)
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extended query: prepared statements list?
Date: 2004-07-15 16:36:31
Lists: pgsql-novice

M. Bastin wrote:
> [...]
> The fact that you can work with parameters opens up a whole new
> dimension as well, e.g.:
>
> SELECT * FROM population WHERE age > $1 AND age < $2;
>
> I only wish there were more documentation about the extended query
> language. All I've found on the whole internet would hold on 2 to 3
> printed pages. Did I miss something?)

I'm not sure what exactly you are missing, but the page
documenting the PREPARE statement (in the official Postgres
docs) pretty much says it all. Also, it's easy to find
(Docs -> Reference -> SQL Commands -> PREPARE).

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/sql-prepare.html

However, maybe we're actually talking about completely
different things -- in that case I would like to know what
you are talking about. :-)

Best regards
Oliver

> Can the denizens of this group enlighten me about what the
> advantages of Python are, versus Perl ?
"python" is more likely to pass unharmed through your spelling
checker than "perl".
-- An unknown poster and Fredrik Lundh