Re: Assisting developers

From: Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Assisting developers
Date: 2004-07-14 07:32:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 06:29:51PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I am not sure what can be done to solve this in the future. There
> > are only a limited number of us who have the experience and time to
> > review and comment on very complex patches.
>
> The issue as I see it is not reviewing patches, but defining features.

You're right. The other problem is that about some features nobody
wants to talk over, because a feature is out of main stream interest or
almost nobody really understand a problem. In this case all start
discussion if something is already done and they try use it.

Karel

--
Karel Zak <zakkr(at)zf(dot)jcu(dot)cz>
http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/