Re: Slony NG

From: jseymour(at)linxnet(dot)com (Jim Seymour)
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slony NG
Date: 2004-07-14 00:28:52
Lists: pgsql-admin
Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com> wrote:

[snip]

> I was believing that the NGs news.XX.postgresql.org were managed by
> postgresql developer group and the vote could be easily done trough a
> poll in the postgresql web site.

For postgresql.org's own news servers, maybe.  I really don't know.
But for newsgroups in the big-8 hierarchy carried by other news
servers: As someone who was involved in the creation of a newsgroup in
the big-8 hierarchy, I can tell you it's much more involved than that.

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/creating-newsgroups/part1/ will give
you an idea of the process.

Jim